Magnetic technology – how it works
The patented magnetic filter element attracts ferrous wear particles down to 4 microns and below with up to 95+% efficiency. The magnetic filter element attracts both ferrous and non-ferrous particles.
The radial magnetic field design offers incredible holding strength and a high dirt holding capacity.
These systems are employed in various housings designed with calculated dwell times for optimal filtration.
These products are reusable for 18+ years, and require minimal consumables. On the other hand, conventional filters require frequent, costly changeouts, and disposal.
As the alternative to conventional filtration, each filter is cleanable, requires minimal consumables, and operates without the use of utilities. Reusable components reduce the environmental impacts and costs associated with the disposal and replacement of conventional filters, fluids, and other equipment components.
Watch cleaning of OEI and BPS systems
CAPTURES NON-FERROUS CONTAMINATION
Non-ferrous particles are magnetically captured due to cross-contamination with ferrous particles. While ferrous compounds usually dominate the percentage of captured material, in some cases over 70% has been non-ferrous. All particulate contamination becomes electrostatically charged due to physical interactions with other particles and surfaces. Electrostatic charge is generated whenever there is friction between two bodies moving relative to one another. Charge generation occurs on the molecular level at the interface of any two unlike materials, so a static charge will be generated in any moving fluid, with positive or negative charges moving from the fluid onto the bounding surface.
OEI Magnetic Filter Elements are effective predictive maintenance tools when used for condition monitoring. When removed for inspection, magnetic filter elements will have varying quantities of contamination. Abnormally high quantities of contamination indicate component failure. The composition of contamination will identify which components are stressed, worn, or failing. Visual analysis of the quantities of wear contamination collected on magnetic filter plugs can determine component failure. Analysis of wear particle compositions and sizes will determine early component wear.
See a simple and easy process of collecting a sample from a magnetic scrubber.
- ydraulics - protect your hydraulic equipment from fluid degradation.
- Pneumatics - protect instrumentation such as valves, bearings, pneumatic motors, and air breathers.
- Pumps - protect pump components from wear contamination.
- Engines - extend service intervals. OEI technology applies to natural gas, diesel fuel, and steam turbine engines.
- Fuel systems - protecting high-pressure fuel injectors from sub-micron wear contamination
- Coolant lines - protect engines from glycol.
- Gearboxes - put an end to wear contamination that causes 80% of your equipment failures.
- Compressors - eliminate engine lube oil degradation.
- Process & Utility Water Systems - protect utility and process water from rust and corrosion contamination.
- Product lines - successfully filter pulp slurry, production materials, foods, or fluids.
- Parts washer - move away from conventional bag filters to improve product quality and earn repeat sales.
- Milling machines - improve the quality of cooling/cutting oil used in your CNC machines.
- Sumps & Reservoirs - removing the contamination that degrades components and builds up sludge in reservoirs and sumps.
- Heat Exchangers - capturing the particle contamination sourced from airborne entry, corrosion contamination, and mineral deposits.
- All gas and liquid hydrocarbons, refined products, process fluids, chemicals, water & lubrication.
- Production facilities
- Gathering systems.
- Gas gathering & processing systems, including compressors (suction/discharge & lubrication).
- Tank farms
- Truck loading racks.
- Underground storage.
- Above ground storage
- All pipeline systems & related systems (ie. pigging).
- Chemical and petrochemical facilities.
- Loading facilities
- Offloading facilities.
OEI Magnetic Filters
OEI PRODUCT OVERVIEW
One Eye Industries offers a series of products designed to help organizations achieve rapid payback with the lowest risk by extending the life of rotating equipment.
For quick product overview please see below. For more detailed information download our Product Overview Brochure.
ADD-VANTAGE 9000 SERIES
The ADD-Vantage 9000 magnetic filtration system employs a magnetic element and a stainless steel cloth element in its design for high efficiency filtration and replaces conventional spin-on cartridge filter.
OEI Magnetic Filter Scrubbers employ an OEI Magnetic Filter Element in a special housing that ensures maximum dwell time for high efficiency filtration. These systems install on both suction and return lines of low and high pressure applications.
OEI Magnetic Y-Strainers employ a magnetic filter element as a replacement of conventional Y-strainers. Designs with and without a screen are available.
OEI Magnetic Filter Plugs employ rare-earth magnets and are the high quality replacement for OEM magnetic drain plugs. These filters are effective predictive maintenance tools when contamination is analyzed to determine component wear.
BEAR TRAP MAGNETIC FILTER PADS
OEI Magnetic Filter Pads enhance all spin-on filters by capturing the wear contamination (sludge) < 10 microns that disposable filters fail to remove. These filters extend fluid life by 2 – 3.
KIDNEY LOOP SYSTEMS
OEI Kidney Loop Systems are self-contained filtration units for offline filtration, fluid transfer of mobile or stationary equipment, and flushing of storage reservoirs. These systems employ multiple magnetic filters for filtration of wear contamination down to 4 microns and below.
EMERGENCY MAGNETIC PATCH
The OEI Emergency Magnetic Patch provides an immediate, temporary solution to pipe wear or rupture by magnetically adhering to surfaces and preventing leakage. This patch helps to prevents unscheduled production.